Bespoke Wooden Garden Rooms
At English Heritage Buildings, we are fully prepared to help you utilise your outdoor space by providing you with an expertly made, beautifully finished wooden garden room, ideal for working and leisure.
Q – MARK CERTIFIED | ON SITE TIMBER GRADERS | 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE | BESPOKE BUILDINGS
Build a Bespoke Wooden Garden Room
We love what we do, and we take pride in providing our customers with the uniquely crafted buildings and structures they’d like to see in their outdoor spaces, or even fully attached to a house. When you come to us with plans for a bespoke garden room, we’ll be glad to offer you the same service.
So, if you have your mind set on a large garden room with a veranda attached, or need an extension to create your ideal sun room, we will be able to help make it a reality.
Planning Permission for Your Wooden Garden Room
It is unlikely that any of the freestanding garden rooms we have for sale will need planning permission. However, this does depend in part on how large they are, and you may wish to check with your local planning authority before beginning any work. The regulations may also differ if you are building a lean-to or extension that will be attached to a house.
To find out more, or to see how we might be able to help, please take a look at our guide on planning permission.
Ideas for Wooden Garden Rooms in the UK
You’ll always have the option to choose the garden room design that best fits your needs when you buy through us. This may result in a room that’s perfectly suited for a number of different uses:
- Garden offices – these have become increasingly popular in the modern day, and if you need a quiet, tranquil space out in the fresh air to help keep you on task and get your latest project done, then a garden room might be just what you need.
- Summer houses – if you like the sound of a summer barbecue in a spot with enough room for all your friends and relatives, or have been imagining a comfortable nook for reading in the shade, we can build it. Your garden room can even come with a veranda attached, for al fresco dining!
- Hobby studios – a garden room can provide the perfect place for dabbling at painting, practising singing or playing an instrument, or even for turning into a studio for photography. If your hobby is exercise and you’d like to cut out the cost of an expensive gym membership, you can also move all your machines into it and do your workouts at home!
- Storage spaces and log cabins – sometimes, you just don’t have enough room in the main part of your property for everything you’d like to keep. When this happens, one of our garden rooms can easily become a stylish, modern shed, with room enough for all your belongings, plus tools and even a workshop if you enjoy carpentry or mechanics.
- House extensions – by attaching your new garden room to the rest of your home, you’ll be expanding the rest of your property. From this, you could choose to create your perfect kitchen extension, add in a sunroom that joins the rest of your living space seamlessly, or have the dining room with a view of your garden that you’ve always wanted.
Benefits of Choosing EHBP
- WE ARE Q-MARK CERTIFIED
- OUR TIMBER IS VISUALLY GRADED
- WE DELIVER NATIONWIDE & JERSEY
- WE HAVE OVER 30 YEARS EXERIENCE
- WE OFFER FULLY BESPOKE DESIGN
- WE USE SUSTAINABLY SOURCED TIMBER
How Much Does a Wooden Garden Room Cost?
Every oak and timber framed garden room or extension we sell is made to the specifications of the purchaser. As such, we’ll also work closely with them to go over every part of their planned design, calculating the cost and setting out an individual price tag before it is made. We will be fully prepared to provide this service for you as well, so you can feel confident in knowing the price you’ve been quoted is based on your exact needs.
Our wooden garden rooms are normally priced between £5,000 and £30,000 (for large, complex builds). To find out how much it will cost to have your own timber or oak framed building installed on your property, contact us and speak with a member of our team today.
Buy Your Ideal Wooden Garden Room Today
If you have been thinking about creating the perfect room on your property for quiet working, fun hobbies, or even simply for extra space to store everything you own, get in touch with us today. We’ll be ready and waiting to help by providing a free quote on the wooden garden room you’ll need, tailored to suit your personal requirements as well as the budget you’d like to spend.
We’ll even be prepared to answer any questions you have about our freestanding buildings and house extensions, so please don’t hesitate to call or send us an email if you’d like to learn more.
We are doing everything possible to keep our work Covid-19 friendly throughout the process, from the first stages of timber grading and manufacturing to the final stages of signing off and delivery. This means taking all the proper precautions and carrying out tasks under the strictest safety measures, while following the latest guidelines.
Our staff always wear masks and keep to social distancing rules while working.
Once we’ve received confirmation that you’re happy with the design of your new garden building or home extension (including the deposit payment, together with signed drawing, quotation, and terms and conditions), we will prepare your kit and get it sent out to you.
We’ll be happy to deliver anywhere in the UK or the Channel Islands and any kit we put together should be sent to its intended destination within six to eight weeks of being signed off.
How long it will take to build and install your kit all depends on the size and design of the product that was purchased. Small freestanding garden buildings, for instance, may take between several weeks and a month for the work to be complete. On the other hand, you may expect it to take longer if you are building a large garden room with a veranda, while times can also vary if you are planning on building a lean-to or an extension attached to a house.
f you’ve been wondering how to prepare your budget so it can accommodate a small garden room or an extension for your home, there may be a few extra factors to consider:
1. Your intended use for the space (whether it is to be an office, living area, kitchen extension, etc.)
2. The style of frame or the cross-section
3. The type of timber you’d like for the joinery, cladding, and rafters
4. Any access or security requirements
If you are already in the final stages of planning for a garden room or extension and you haven’t yet thought about these elements, there’s no need to worry. When you get in touch with us, one of our members of staff will be happy to discuss each of them with you, so you can choose the best kit for your budget.
If you’d like to learn more about our timber and oak framed garden rooms, or have any further questions, our FAQs page may have the answers you’re looking for.
Why Choose Us?
With nearly four decades working with green oak, we are at the forefront of our industry and are proud of the work we’ve done in the past and will continue to do in the future.
We are the UK’s only oak framed building company to carry an EXOVA BM Trada Q-Mark, which means that with us you get a standard that you cannot get elsewhere.
Business Award Winners
We are the recent winners of the South East Best Rural Manufacturing Business Award.