Bespoke Wooden Garden Rooms
At English Heritage Buildings, we are fully prepared to help you utilise your outdoor space by providing you with the expertly made, beautifully finished wooden garden room kit you need to build the ideal spot for working and leisure.
Each kit we make has been precision-crafted from the finest French oak we have available and can be fitted with double glazed windows. We’ll also be happy to ensure the building is fully insulated on request, if you’re planning on using your new space all year round.
Explore the options we have here on our website, or contact us today if you’d like to discuss your own plans for a room that will complete your property’s outside area.
Build a Bespoke Wooden Garden Room
We love what we do, and we take pride in providing our customers with the uniquely crafted buildings and structures they’d like to see in their outdoor spaces, or even fully attached to a house. When you come to us with plans for a bespoke garden room, we’ll be glad to offer you the same service.
So, if you have your mind set on a large garden room with a veranda attached, or need an extension to create your ideal sun room, we will be able to help make it a reality.
Planning Permission for Your Wooden Garden Room
It is unlikely that any of the freestanding garden rooms we have for sale will need planning permission. However, this does depend in part on how large they are, and you may wish to check with your local planning authority before beginning any work. The regulations may also differ if you are building a lean-to or extension that will be attached to a house.
To find out more, or to see how we might be able to help, please take a look at our guide on planning permission.
Ideas for Wooden Garden Rooms in the UK
You’ll always have the option to choose the garden room design that best fits your needs when you buy through us. This may result in a room that’s perfectly suited for a number of different uses:
- Garden offices – these have become increasingly popular in the modern day, and if you need a quiet, tranquil space out in the fresh air to help keep you on task and get your latest project done, then a garden room might be just what you need.
- Summer houses – if you like the sound of a summer barbecue in a spot with enough room for all your friends and relatives, or have been imagining a comfortable nook for reading in the shade, we can build it. Your garden room can even come with a veranda attached, for al fresco dining!
- Hobby studios – a garden room can provide the perfect place for dabbling at painting, practising singing or playing an instrument, or even for turning into a studio for photography. If your hobby is exercise and you’d like to cut out the cost of an expensive gym membership, you can also move all your machines into it and do your workouts at home!
- Storage spaces and log cabins – sometimes, you just don’t have enough room in the main part of your property for everything you’d like to keep. When this happens, one of our garden rooms can easily become a stylish, modern shed, with room enough for all your belongings, plus tools and even a workshop if you enjoy carpentry or mechanics.
- House extensions – by attaching your new garden room to the rest of your home, you’ll be expanding the rest of your property. From this, you could choose to create your perfect kitchen extension, add in a sunroom that joins the rest of your living space seamlessly, or have the dining room with a view of your garden that you’ve always wanted.
How Much Does a Wooden Garden Room Cost?
Every oak and timber framed garden room or extension we sell is made to the specifications of the purchaser. As such, we’ll also work closely with them to go over every part of their planned design, calculating the cost of the eventual kit and setting out an individual price tag before it is made. We will be fully prepared to provide this service for you as well, so you can feel confident in knowing the price you’ve been quoted is based on your exact needs.
Our kits are normally priced between £5,000 and £30,000 (for large, complex builds). To find out how much it will cost to have your own timber or oak framed building installed on your property, contact us and speak with a member of our team today.
Our Q-Mark Certification
Our garden rooms, buildings, and extensions are all Q-Mark certified, so you may rest assured that you will always be receiving a kit that’s been made to industry standard. The building techniques we use and the processes we undertake on our site are all regularly overseen and analysed by BM TRADA as well. This is widely considered one of the strictest regulation panels in the UK, and is held in high esteem by specialists in our field of expertise.
The timber we use is all sourced from a site we have specially chosen and designated in France, and only the finest traditional green oak (Quercus Robur and Quercus Petraea) goes into our work. This stunning, hard-wearing wood is guaranteed to produce exceptional results when manufactured into our kits, through the skill of our expert craftsmen.
In order to minimise waste and to keep our work as sustainable, we will also plant our own trees in place of the ones that have been used. These are all cultivated to be as tall and straight as possible, which ensures that more of the timber can be used during our construction process. It also means that less land is taken up, while ensuring that we can keep our prices as competitive as possible for our customers.
Request a Brochure
Our team may still be working from home wherever possible due to Covid-19, but English Heritage Buildings is open for business and our team is ready to help wherever needed. This includes providing free brochures for you to download and read through at your leisure. If you’d like to receive one, all you need to do is fill in your details on our brochure page. We’ll also be glad to provide you with a hard copy once we have returned to the office.
By Your Ideal Wooden Garden Room Today
If you have been thinking about creating the perfect room on your property for quiet working, fun hobbies, or even simply for extra space to store everything you own, get in touch with us today. We’ll be ready and waiting to help by providing a free quote on the kit you’ll need, tailored to suit your personal requirements as well as the budget you’d like to spend.
We’ll even be prepared to answer any questions you have about our freestanding buildings and house extensions, so please don’t hesitate to call or send us an email if you’d like to learn more.
Is Your Construction Process Covid-19 Friendly?
We are doing everything we can to ensure the safety of our team and of our customers during this time. This means keeping our process Covid-19 friendly throughout, from the moment the timber arrives at our site to the moment our kits are signed off and sent off for delivery. To do this, we are operating under strict safety measures and taking all the proper precautions that are necessary.
Our team members all wear masks while working and social distancing rules are in place.
How Long Will My Wooden Garden Room Take to Deliver?
Once we have received confirmation that you are happy with your new freestanding garden room, or attached lean-to or extension (including the deposit payment, together with signed drawing, quotation, and terms and conditions), our craftsmen will manufacture your kit and ensure it is sent out to you.
We’re happy to deliver anywhere in the UK and the Channel Islands, with any kit we make arriving at its destination within six to eight weeks of the work being signed off.
How Long Will My Wooden Garden Room Take to Install?
How long it will take to build and install your kit all depends on the size and design of the product that was purchased. Small freestanding garden buildings, for instance, may take between several weeks and a month for the work to be complete. On the other hand, you may expect it to take longer if you are building a large garden room with a veranda, while times can also vary if you are planning on building a lean-to or an extension attached to a house.
Will Anything Else Affect the Cost?
When considering adding a wooden garden room or lean-to to your property, there may be a few extra factors to think about when planning your budget for it:
- How you intend to use the space (whether it will be a home office, sun room and living area, kitchen or dining extension, etc.)
- The style of frame or cross-section
- The type of timber that should be used for the cladding, joinery, and rafters
- If there are any access or security requirements you’ll need
If you are already in the final stages of planning for a garden room or extension and you haven’t yet thought about these elements, there’s no need to worry. When you get in touch with us, one of our members of staff will be happy to discuss each of them with you, so you can choose the best kit for your budget.
If you’d like to learn more about our timber and oak framed garden rooms, or have any further questions, our FAQs page may have the answers you’re looking for.