Small Garden Rooms for Work and Leisure
We understand that some of our customers will have a smaller size garden, or only need that little bit of extra room to offer the living or storage space that will make their home perfect. We’re also confident that we can design small garden rooms and extensions you need to make all your ideas possible.
All of our kits are crafted from the finest French oak we have available, can be fitted with double glazed windows, and can even be insulated on request if you’d like to use your garden room throughout the year.
Take a look at the designs we’ve already completed, or contact us right away if you already know what you need that will fit in any small space you have outdoors.
Bespoke Small Garden Room Designs for All Your Needs
We take pride in the work we carry out, and we want to provide all of our customers with the exceptional products they’d like to see in their outside spaces. That is why, when they request bespoke garden rooms for small gardens, we do everything we can to ensure they get what they have asked for.
We’ll be glad to offer you the same service as well, so your small garden room will always suit the needs and uses you have in mind.
Planning Permission for Small Garden Rooms
The good news is that it’s unlikely that any of our small garden rooms will need planning permission. However, to be sure of this, you may wish to check with your local planning authority before you place your order. This will also apply to garden room extensions, as the requirements differ from freestanding outbuildings.
To learn more, and to find out how we can help, please see our guide on planning permission.
Uses for Small Garden Rooms in the UK
The kits we have for sale and the bespoke designs we can produce for our customers are all unique, and you will always be able to purchase a product that’s been adapted to suit your particular needs.
Below, we’ve even provided a few ideas of what you might choose to do with your small garden room once it has been fully installed:
- Your own personal home office – garden offices have become increasingly popular in the modern day, and a contemporary style room that lets you work that little bit closer to nature offers a peaceful retreat for reading, writing, and carrying out work projects as you need. It only needs to be big enough for your desk, shelves, and your favourite chair, after all!
- An outdoor living or dining space – if you like the sound of a small sun trap where you can sit with a book and a drink in the summer, or have been thinking of setting up a place for al fresco dining with your closest friends, a small garden room might provide the sheltered space that’s perfect for either.
- Solving any storage problem – if you just don’t have the room for everything you own in the main part of your property, our small garden rooms can easily be adapted into garden sheds and log cabins. This might especially be useful if you already own your own workshop and need to store supplies, or even if you need a place to put all your garden tools and furniture!
- A place for hobbies – if you know you’d enjoy having a quiet spot to dabble at painting, or have a love for music and would get a lot of use out of having your own private practise room or recording studio, a small garden room might be just what you need.
- Extensions of your property – you may even consider attaching the garden room to the rest of your home, creating a house extension that adds the space you need for extra storage, expand and build your dream kitchen, or even creates another living area or place for a dining table.
How Much Does a Small Garden Room Cost?
We will work closely with you to plan and calculate the cost of your perfect outdoor living room, dining room, office, or storage space. Because of this, you may rest assured that the price you’ll be quoted will be based on your specific requirements and the needs you have for your garden room.
The work we carry out will usually be priced between £5,000 and £30,000, depending on your requirements. To find out how this affects the price of modern and contemporary garden rooms for small gardens, and how this may then fit into your budget, contact us today.
Our Q-Mark Certification
The small garden rooms we have for sale are all Q-Mark certified, meaning you will always be guaranteed a kit that’s been made to industry standards. Our building techniques and the processes undertaken on our site are even analysed and overseen by BM TRADA, which is widely considered one of the strictest certification panels in the UK and is held in the highest esteem.
Our timber is all sourced from a specially designated site in France, and we only use traditional green oak (Quercus Robur and Quercus Petraea) that’s been cultivated especially for this purpose. This beautiful, hard-wearing wood produces stunning results with the help of modern technology, and can be used to create any contemporary design you have in mind for your garden room or extension.
To minimise waste and to keep our work sustainable, we will also plant our own trees and make sure they are grown to be as tall and straight as possible. This ensures that more wood can be used in our construction work, less land is used up, and it also means that we can offer our customers more competitive prices.
Request a Brochure
Even though our team is working from home wherever possible due to Covid-19, we’re still open for business and ready to help wherever we can. If you’d like to receive a free brochure that you can download and read through at your own pace, fill in your details on our brochure page. We’ll be able to provide you with a hard copy once we’ve returned to our office.
Buy Garden Rooms for Small Gardens Here
If you’ve been searching for extensions to add that little bit of extra room to your property, or looking for buildings to make the most of your smaller patch of the great outdoors, get in touch with us and we’ll be ready to help you out with a free quote. Once we know what you’d like for your room, we’ll make sure the price of the work is tailored to suit both your needs and your budget.
We’re also fully prepared to answer any questions you may have about the garden rooms and buildings we have for sale, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if you’d like to find out more.
We are doing everything possible to keep our work Covid-19 friendly throughout the process, from the first stages of timber grading and manufacturing to the final stages of signing off and delivery. This means taking all the proper precautions and carrying out tasks under the strictest safety measures, while following the latest guidelines.
Our staff always wear masks and keep to social distancing rules while working.
Once we’ve received confirmation that you’re happy with the design of your new garden building or home extension (including the deposit payment, together with signed drawing, quotation, and terms and conditions), we will prepare your kit and get it sent out to you.
We’ll be happy to deliver anywhere in the UK or the Channel Islands and any kit we put together should be sent to its intended destination within six to eight weeks of being signed off.
It may take between several weeks and a month for smaller garden rooms and extensions to be fully built, though the actual length of time will depend on the size of the kit that was purchased.
If you’ve been wondering how to prepare your budget so it can accommodate a small garden room or an extension for your home, there may be a few extra factors to consider:
1. Your intended use for the space (whether it is to be an office, living area, kitchen extension, etc.)
2. The style of frame or the cross-section
3. The type of timber you’d like for the joinery, cladding, and rafters
4. Any access or security requirements
There is also no need to worry if you’re in the final stages of choosing your ideally sized garden room and you haven’t yet thought about these elements. Our team will be more than happy to discuss each factor with you, before helping you choose the best kit for your budget.
If you have any further questions about our small garden rooms, you may find the answers on our FAQs page.