Handcrafted Large Garden Rooms
If you have a large garden, it’s only right that you want to utilise it however you can. By purchasing a kit from us and building your own large garden room, you’ll be able to do this however you see fit, from creating that perfect spot to dine outdoors with all your friends and loved ones, to building your very own gym or workshop, complete with extra storage space.
Our team can provide you with a kit made from the finest French oak we have available. These can be fitted with double glazed windows upon request and we’ll even ensure the room is fully insulated if you intend to use the space all year round.
Explore the garden room designs we’ve already completed for inspiration, or contact us today if you already know what you need to make the most of your larger patch of the great outdoors.
We Build Bespoke Garden Room Designs
We love what we do and we work hard to provide our customers with the exceptional garden rooms they require for their outside spaces, no matter the size. When a customer requests a bespoke design for their large garden room, we will do everything we can to ensure it is made exactly as they have asked.
If you have a bespoke design already in mind for your own garden room, contact us and let us know. We’ll be glad to design and manufacture a building kit that fits your specifications.
Planning Permission for Large Wooden Garden Rooms
Depending on the size of your garden room, it may require planning permission. To check whether this will be the case for your purchase before you start building, please speak with your local planning authority.
To find out more about how we can help, please see our planning permission guide.
Uses and Ideas for Large Garden Rooms in the UK
The garden rooms we have for sale and the bespoke products we create for our customers are all designed to be unique, in order to suit the needs and ideas each homeowner has in mind. As such, you can always guarantee that your large garden room will be suitable for what you have in mind, no matter what you need all that extra space for.
Below, we’ve listed a few ideas and suggestions of what you might choose to do with your garden room, once it’s been bought and installed:
- Eating and entertaining – large wooden garden rooms make ideal outdoor living spaces for the warm summer weather. No matter if you’d like to invite your whole family round for a barbecue and need a space big enough for a dining table, or even if you’re going to have some drinks and admire your garden with friends and would like a sheltered space to put a comfortable set of furniture, we can provide the room you need.
- Storage solutions – we understand that you might not have room in your house for everything that you need kept stored away. The secure additional space offered by our garden buildings solves this problem, whether you’ve been looking at log cabins to store wood for your fireplace, or just need to declutter a few rooms around your house.
- Home offices and studies – garden offices have only grown in popularity in the modern era, and if you’d like to work or read in a tranquil space that’s a little bit closer to nature, a large garden room can provide this. All while offering the space you need for a desk, your favourite chair, and as many shelves as you’d like to fill with books and files!
- Hobby spaces – our large garden rooms are versatile, and can be transformed into spaces for any number of hobbies and pastimes. Whether you prefer art or photography and would love your own studio, have an interest in carpentry or mechanics and need a workshop, or even if you’d like to cut the cost of a gym membership by setting up your own exercise machines and routines indoors, we can build the kit you need.
How Much Does a Large Garden Room Cost?
We will work closely with you to calculate the cost of your large garden room before any building or manufacturing work begins. As such, you may rest assured that the price you’re eventually offered will only be based on the design elements you have chosen and nothing else.
Our range of garden buildings and structures for properties are usually priced between £5,000 and £30,000. To find out how much it would be to buy and build your own large garden room, please contact us today and we can discuss what you’d like in your plans before offering a quote.
Our Q-Mark Certification
The large garden rooms we have for sale are all Q-Mark certified, with every kit designed and manufactured to industry standards and nothing less. The processes we use on our site and the building techniques used in our work are all analysed and overseen by BM TRADA, one of the most well-regarded and strictest certification panels operating in the UK.
We source all of our timber from a specially designated site in France and we only carry out our work using traditional green oak (Quercus Robur and Quercus Petraea). This wood has been cultivated exactly for this purpose, and should offer you the durable and stunning end result that you’ve been looking for.
To keep our work sustainable and to ensure we’re cutting down on waste, we will also plant our own trees and make sure that these are grown to be as tall and straight as possible. This means more of the wood is used in the process, while using up less land space, and it also means we can continue to offer our customers the most competitive prices.
Request a Brochure
Our team may be working from home wherever possible due to Covid-19, but English Heritage Buildings is still open for business! We’ll help you however we can, including by providing free brochures for you to download and read at your leisure. To get your own copy, please fill in your details on our brochure page. We’ll then provide you with a hard copy once we’re back in the office.
Buy Your Ideally Sized Outdoor Room Today
If you’ve got a large garden and you need a wooden building which fits the space that you have, contact our team and discuss what you’d like with a member of staff today. We’ll be ready to supply you with a free quote as soon as we know what you need, and we can adapt your garden room to fit the needs of your budget as well as the dimensions of your outdoor space.
We’re also more than happy to answer any questions that you may have about the products we have for sale, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’d like to find out more.
Is Your Construction Process Covid-19 Friendly?
We are fully committed to keeping our work Covid-19 friendly throughout the process, from the first stages of timber grading and manufacturing our kits to signing the work off and making sure the product is delivered. This means taking every precaution and undertaking our work under the strictest safety measures, while following all the latest guidelines.
Every member of our team wears a mask while working, and social distancing rules are in place on our site.
How Long Will My Large Garden Room Take to Deliver?
Once you’ve confirmed with us that you’re happy with every part of your new garden building and its design (including the deposit payment, together with signed drawing, quotation, and terms and conditions), we will craft your kit and ensure it gets sent out to you as soon as possible.
Our products can be delivered anywhere in the UK or the Channel Islands. This should take place between six to eight weeks of the work being signed off.
How Long Will My Large Garden Room Take to Build and Install?
How long it will take to build your garden room all depends on the size of the kit you’ve purchased. However, you can at least expect it to take several weeks, or over a month, for a large kit to be fully installed.
Will Anything Else Affect the Cost?
If you are busy planning the cost of a large wooden garden room into your budget, there may be some factors you haven’t considered that could affect the overall cost:
- What you intend to do with the room (whether it will be a home office, garden studio, or space for living or storage)
- The style of frame or cross-section needed
- The type of timber you want for the joinery, cladding, and rafters
- If there are any access or security requirements
If you are already in the final stages of planning for your large garden room and you haven’t yet taken these factors into account, there is no need to be concerned. Our members of staff will be able to discuss them with you, so you can order the kit that will suit your budget as well as your needs.
If you’d like to learn more, or have any further questions about our range of garden buildings and structures, you may find the answers here on our FAQs page.