Bespoke Gym Garden Room Gym
The gym garden rooms that we offer are designed to suit you. Whether you want a log cabin feel or a streamlined modern look, your exercise space will be an inviting space you want to visit after a day at the office, or during some downtime.
Q – MARK CERTIFIED | ON-SITE TIMBER GRADERS | 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE | BESPOKE BUILDINGS
The Benefits of a Garden Room Gym
For most people, a gym membership is an expense that goes out every month, but is only used occasionally. Whether that is because you do not enjoy the gym environment or life and other commitments just get in the way. The best thing about our gym garden rooms is that they are right outside your door, and completely private. Work at your own pace and in your own time – no more subscriptions to track each month.
The Main Things to Consider for Your Garden Room Gym
Aside from the obvious, like what gym equipment you will be decking your gym garden room out with, there are some other considerations that should come first.
- Building Materials – All of our timber frames are made from the highest quality green oak – this is because it is best in the long term. Some projects require other woods, such as iroko, softwood, or Sapele wood.
- Build Height – In order to fall under the height limit, and negate any need for planning permission, your garden room gym eaves must be no higher than 2.5 metres, and a maximum overall height of 4 metres.
- Insulation – We have a wide range of insulation options available for all our garden room designs. For a gym specifically, we would recommend at least some light quilt insulation that can be installed discreetly into the rafters. For more information, read our essential insulation guide.
- Ventilation – For a home gym, proper ventilation is important. We suggest designs with plenty of windows and perhaps bifold doors (that are designed to be tidy when left open). Air conditioning should also be a consideration, and is something our team can help you to select and instal.
- Flooring – When dragging heavy gym equipment around, you want a floor that is built to withstand heavy use. You should avoid carpeting your garden room gym, as it will quickly snag or damage. Instead, you could opt for heavy-duty rubber mats.
- Changing Rooms – Changing facilities are a handy addition to your garden room gym, and can save you time that would have been spent running back and forth from the house. But if you were to add a shower room, for example, you would need planning permission. To avoid this, just section off an area in your garden room gym and stock it with some towels, a bench, and a mirror.
Benefits of Choosing EHBP
- WE ARE Q-MARK CERTIFIED
- OUR TIMBER IS VISUALLY GRADED
- WE DELIVER NATIONWIDE & JERSEY
- WE HAVE OVER 30 YEARS EXERIENCE
- WE OFFER FULLY BESPOKE DESIGN
- WE USE SUSTAINABLY SOURCED TIMBER
Our Range of Garden Gym Room
Why We Are the Best Choice for an Eco-Friendly Garden Room Gym
Want to create the perfect garden room gym that does not cost the earth? Rest assured, each one of our timber frames is made from Q-Mark quality green oak, which we source from managed woodlands – this means for each tree felled, two more are planted.
Our designs also accommodate plenty of windows, to allow for natural light penetration and proper ventilation, which will lower your energy usage in the long run, and in turn the carbon footprint of your oak timber frame gym.
How Much Does a Bespoke Garden Room Gym Cost?
Prices will naturally vary from one garden room gym to another, so the best thing you can do is request a bespoke quote for your project. But you can expect, depending on the size and complexity of your designs, that your garden room gym could cost anywhere between £5,000 and £30,000.
Will My Garden Room Gym Need Planning Permission?
For the most part, our garden room gyms will not require planning permission. This will depend on its position in relation to your property, and whether or not you opt for plumbing. One size does not fit all, so it is always better to check before you finalise your project plans. Our team can help you through the process of applying for planning permission, and we recommend reading our in-depth guide.
Secure Your Project Today
With our quality guarantee, certified by BM TRADA, you can rest easy knowing your home gym will not only look stunning, but its oak timber frame will also stand the test of time. There is no better time to create your perfect garden room gym.
Why Choose English Heritage Buildings?
We are oak frame specialists, with nearly 40 years of experience producing high-quality oak buildings, and this expertise is demonstrated through both our industry accreditations and our awards.
English Heritage Buildings holds a BM Trada Q-Mark for our oak framed buildings, the only UK company to do so. This showcases the unbeatable quality of our products.
Business Award Winners
We were proud to recently receive the South East Best Rural Manufacturing Business Award.