Insulated Garden Rooms
At EHB, we specialise in the design and building of insulated garden rooms and habitable buildings across the UK.
Q – MARK CERTIFIED | ON-SITE TIMBER GRADERS | 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE | BESPOKE BUILDINGS
Insulated Garden Rooms With Installation
Insulation is one of the most important factors to address in any building, but especially garden rooms. Being located away from the house, or at least semi-detached, garden rooms need professional insulation to keep them warm and habitable during the winter and to expel the heat in summer months.
You can choose one of our award-winning designs from off the shelf or opt for a bespoke design to cater to your specific needs. Whether you’re looking for a summer retreat to entertain guests, a private garden office to work from home or a winter snug room for cosy nights, we can design and install it.
All designs come with a price match guarantee, so you can rest assured that not only will you receive the best bargain for your insulated garden room but you will also be receiving the best quality (all designs have obtained the Q-Mark certification of quality).
Why choose an insulated garden building?
All garden buildings at EHB are built with insulation in mind, as it’s one of the most important benefits customers look for when buying an outdoor garden building.
A professionally insulated garden building can save you a small fortune in electricity bills as they are designed to retain heat and stop it from escaping through the walls and ceiling.
Additionally, we’d always recommend pairing our insulated garden buildings with double-glazed windows to maximize both security and insulation – as double-glazed windows also play a crucial part in retaining heat as well as deflecting it in the summer months to keep the garden room cool.
Living in an insulated garden room
If you are considering converting your garden room into an annexe for semi-permanent or even permanent living, full insulation is absolutely crucial. Our fully insulated garden rooms are built using French oak beams which are fantastic insulators, and we can design the building to accommodate any type of insulation for walls, ceilings and even underfloor heating.
However, be mindful that you must take into account the rules and regulations regarding building a live-in garden room or garden annexe. If you are unsure of these rules this is something we can help with. Simply get in touch with our team if you have any questions or refer to our permitted development or planning permission guidelines.
Benefits of building with EHB
Here are just a few of the core benefits that come with purchasing a fully insulated garden room:
- Fixed quotes – we strive to provide accurate and fixed prices for all insulated garden rooms to ensure there are no nasty, hidden surprises. What you are quoted originally will never change – unless you opt for any additional features through the project, but we will of course inform you of this before charging you.
- 10-year frame guarantee – we are proud to build with only the highest quality materials, which includes our French oak beams. Not only do French oak beams offer fantastic insulative properties, but they are aesthetically beautiful and require little to no maintenance. We’re so confident in the strength and durability of our personally farmed oak, that every building comes with a 10-year frame guarantee.
- Price match guarantee – if you find a cheaper insulated garden room than what we have quoted, we will price match it and beat it on quality. For the full terms and conditions on this offer, please visit our price match guarantee page.
- Hassle-free planning service – when you buy from EHB, you can rest assured that everything from the design to the delivery and the installation phase is made simple for you. This is achieved via our ‘hassle-free’ planning service, which means our team are on-hand to take care of every detail from start to finish.
Our Range of Insulated Garden Rooms
Benefits of Choosing EHBP
- WE ARE Q-MARK CERTIFIED
- OUR TIMBER IS VISUALLY GRADED
- WE DELIVER NATIONWIDE & JERSEY
- WE HAVE OVER 30 YEARS EXERIENCE
- WE OFFER FULLY BESPOKE DESIGN
- WE USE SUSTAINABLY SOURCED TIMBER
Let’s start planning your project today
Work with us to design your bespoke dream garden room or choose from one of our stunning premade builds for a faster installation. If you’re unsure of what you’re looking for, our team can help navigate you through your options so you get the most out of your purchase.
Once you have chosen your insulated garden room, we deliver and install it – however, please allow 6-8 weeks for custom and bespoke builds. In this scenario, we would send you planning drawings to ensure that you’re happy with the proposed build before charging you the full price.
We do not currently offer any insulation services, however, our buildings are made out of the finest French oak timber to ensure that insulation properties are exceptional. However, for padding and underfloor heating needs, we may be able to put you in touch with a contractor.
Garden rooms vary in price depending on a number of factors, such as size, features (double-glazing, ceilings, doors etc). However, you can expect to pay between £6,000 and upwards of £30,000 for larger, complex builds with unique features. For a bespoke quote, please contact our team with your requirements.
You should not need planning permission for insulated garden rooms as they fall under permitted development. For more information on these terms and how you can assure you’re not breaking any rules, please visit our permitted development or planning permission page.
Why Choose English Heritage Buildings?
We are oak frame specialists, with nearly 40 years of experience producing high-quality oak buildings, and this expertise is demonstrated through both our industry accreditations and our awards.
English Heritage Buildings holds a BM Trada Q-Mark for our oak framed buildings, the only UK company to do so. This showcases the unbeatable quality of our products.
Business Award Winners
We were proud to recently receive the South East Best Rural Manufacturing Business Award.